CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Romence Gardens & Greenhouses provides part-time/seasonal work. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in working for Romence Gardens & Greenhouses.
These are positions available that we will be hiring for. If you are interested in applying for a position please fill out the application below. All applicants must fill out an online application.
Shipping Department: Plant Packaging
Overview: As a plant packager you will follow a pick-list of plants that have been purchased for mail order and place them in boxes to be shipped. You will gather the plants, make sure the order is correct and properly package them for shipping.
- Ability to be on your feet all day in a non climate controlled environment
- Lift up to around 40 lbs
- Follow details
- Plant knowledge is helpful but not required
Time: The job will begin mid April and go through mid June – early July. Work hours will be Monday – Thursday 9-5. Some Fridays may be needed.
Shipping Department: Order Organizer
Overview: Organize the orders that are shipping for the day and grouping them together for the boxers. Will require going out into the greenhouses to fetch plants that are not already gathered.
- Detailed plant knowledge not required but basic visual recognition would be very helpful
- Ability to be on feet all day and walk a moderate distance
- Detail oriented to follow a list and make sure it is correct
Time: Early April to late June – early July. Monday through Thursday 9 – 5 and some Fridays may be required.
Annual Floor: Customer Assistance
Overview: Greet customers and find out if they need assistance. Help them determine what plants would work the best for their situation, help them locate plants in the greenhouse, help them design containers, assist them carrying or reaching items out of their reach. This job is about assisting our customers, not working around plants.
- Ability to walk and be on your feet all day in a non climate controlled environment
- Lift up to around 40 lbs
- Outgoing and enjoy interacting with people.
- Annual plant knowledge is helpful but not required
Time: The job will begin late April and go through early July. Saturdays are required.
Overview: Work as a cashier on our computerized pos system in the storefront
- Ability to stand on feet all day in a non climate controlled environment
- Ability to lift around 40 lbs
- Basic understanding of using a computer
- Ability to get along well with others
Time: Mid April to early July. Hours can be flexible however some Saturdays are required.
To apply for an open position, please fill out the application below. Fields with an * are required.